High School Students
Overview of Admissions Process
Before you submit your application to CINY, please review the steps outlined below.
Step 1: Online Application & Essay
You will need to complete and submit an online application, which includes a personal essay.
Step 2: Submit Credentials
After completing and submitting your online application, you will need to provide CINY with the following:
- High School Transcript or Diploma (if you are transferring from a previous college or university, you must submit an official academic transcript)
- $35 Admissions Fee (we accept check, money order, certified bank draft or cash)
- Professional References (direct admit bachelor’s students must submit two letters of recommendation)
- SAT scores (only required for students interested in scholarship consideration)
Step 3: Interview With CINY’s Dean
To complete your application, you will need to schedule an interview with CINY’s Dean, Frank Costantino, to discuss your educational goals, career aspirations and outside interests. Students who live outside of the New York City Metropolitan area may conduct their interview over the phone. Please call the admissions office to schedule an interview after completing steps one and two.
Step 4: Financial Aid
Many of our students receive some form of financial assistance from merit-based scholarships to government grants and loans. Below is a list of some of the most important information and documents you’ll need:
- Prospective students to CINY can qualify for New York State TAP (Tuition Assistance Program) and the Federal PELL grant
- Monroe's Federal Financial Aid School Code is 004799
- Monroe TAP code is 7518
Required Personal Documents:
- Documentation of birth (birth certificate, driver’s license and passport are all acceptable)
- Social Security Card
- Immunization documents (measles, mumps and rubella; if not available, students may receive this at CINY before registration)
- Alien Registration Card or Green Card (for legal nonresidents)
Proof of Income Documents (one or more may be required):
- SIGNED Federal and State Returns for previous year and W-2
- W-2 Statement & SIGNED Affidavit of Income (if tax forms were not filed)
- Final Pay Stubs & SIGNED Affidavit of Income (if tax forms were not filed)
- Proof of Unemployment Insurance (form 1099-G)
- Current P.A. (Public Assistance) Budget Printout and Medicaid Cards
- SIGNED Affirmation of Non-Taxable Income
- SSA or SSI Award Letters for previous and current years
- Statement of Financial Support
For more information about tuition and financial aid benefits at CINY, please visit our Financial Aid section.
Step 5: Placement Test & Registration
Once students have been accepted to CINY, they will need to take a one-hour placement test to determine the appropriate Math and English courses for enrollment. They will also be given an appointment for registration and “freshmen day” before the semester begins.